Statement of Faith
The sole basis of our beliefs is the Bible, God’s infallible written Word. We believe that it was uniquely, verbally and fully inspired by the Holy Spirit, and that it was written without error in the original manuscripts. It is the supreme and final authority in all matters on which it speaks.
We explicitly affirm our belief in basic Bible teachings, as follows:
1. There is one true God, eternally existing in three persons – Father, Son, and
Holy Spirit – each of whom possessed equally all the attributes of deity and
the characteristics of personality.
2. God manifested Himself through Jesus Christ, who became flesh through His
miraculous conception by the Holy Spirit and His virgin birth. Therefore, He is
perfect deity and true humanity united in one person forever.
3. He lived a sinless life on earth and voluntarily atoned for the sins of men by
dying on the cross as their substitute, thus satisfying divine justice and
accomplishing salvation for all who trust in Him.
4. He rose from the dead in the same body, though glorified, in which He lived
and died. He ascended bodily into heaven and sat down at the right hand of God the
Father, where He, the only mediator between God and man, continually makes
intercession for His own.
5. Man was originally created in the image of God. He sinned by disobeying God:
thus, he alienated himself from his Creator. That historic fall brought all men
under divine condemnation.
6. Man is corrupt by nature, and he is, therefore, totally unable to please God
without regeneration and renewal by the Holy Spirit.
7. The Salvation of man is wholly a work of God’s free grace and is not the work,
in whole or in part, of human works, goodness or religious ceremony. God
imputes His righteousness to those who put their faith in Christ alone for their
salvation, and thereby justifies them in His sight.
8. It is the privilege of all who are born again by the Spirit to be assured of their
salvation from the very moment in which they trust Christ as their Savior. This
assurance is not based on any kind of human merit, but is produced by the
witness of the Holy Spirit, who confirms in the believer the testimony of God in His
9. The Holy Spirit has come into the world to reveal and glorify Christ and to
apply the saving work of Christ to men. He convicts and draws sinners to
Christ, imparts new life to them, continually indwells them from the moment of
Spiritual birth, and seals them until the day of redemption. His fullness,
power, and control are appropriated in the believer’s life by faith.
10. Every believer is called to live in the power of the indwelling Spirit so that he will not
fulfill the lust of the flesh but will bear fruit to the glory of God.
11. Jesus Christ is the Head of the Church, His body, which is composed of all men and
women, living and dead, who have been joined to Him through saving faith.
12. God admonishes His people to assemble together regularly for worship, for
participation in ordinances, for edification through the Scriptures, and for mutual
13. At physical death, the believer enters immediately into eternal conscious fellowship
with the Lord.
14. At physical death, the unbeliever enters immediately into eternal conscious
separation from the presence of the Lord.
15. Jesus Christ will come again to the earth, personally, visibly and bodily to establish
His Kingdom. At this time, the dead will be resurrected bodily, the believer to eternal
joy with the Lord, and the unbeliever to condemnation and endless, conscious
16. The Lord Jesus commanded all believers to proclaim the Gospel throughout the
whole world and to discipline men of every nation. The fulfillment of the Great
Commission requires that all selfish ambitions are subordinated to a total
commitment to Him who loved us and gave Himself for us.
17. There exists a personal spirit of evil, Satan, our adversary, who, with great power,
carries on organized opposition to the Kingdom of God, and seeks the demise of
man: he will suffer ultimate and total defeat at the hands of Jesus Christ.
We accept these large areas of doctrinal teaching on which, historically, there has been general agreement among all true Christians. We desire to allow for freedom of conviction on either doctrinal matters, provided that any interpretation is based upon the Bible alone, and that no such interpretation shall become an issue which hinders the ministry to which God has called us.
The purpose of Hope World Outreach Ministry is to glorify God and manifest His character in our community, nation and the world by:
• Magnifying and exalting our God through individual and corporate worship (Ps 34:3).
• Evangelizing our community and the world through Christ centered evangelism and missions outreach (Acts 1:8).
• Encouraging and edifying one another regardless of race, creed or color as we walk in love (Heb 10:24-25).
• Empowering and equipping God’s people to be “Godly Servants” through bible centered discipleship and teaching (Eph 4:12).
• Communicate the importance of the partnership between “Spirit and Truth” so that there can be balance in ministry. Jn 4:24; 1Cor 2:4
• Provide an atmosphere undergirded by prayer conducive to the manifestation of the Holy Spirit so that the will of God can be carried out in our mist. Acts 2:1-2; Acts 4:31
• Show a genuine love for one another according to the scriptures. (Jn 13:34-35; Phil 2:2; Rom 12:10)
• Preserve the spirit of unity when we assemble sot that we can be on one accord thereby maximizing the presence and power of the Holy Spirit. (Eph 4:3)
• Reach people from all walks of life with the gospel of Jesus Christ through the teaching and preaching of the Word of God. (Matt 28:19)
• Develop Levites (whether psalmists or musicians) to be vehicles of His praise and instruments of true worship. (Heb 13:15; 1 Chronicles 16:29)
• Develop and Nurture the gifts and the calling of God on the lives of those being added to Hope World Outreach Ministry by:
a. helping them identify that call and giving them the opportunity to flow in the area of their anointing. (Phil 1:6 Amp)